CDPHP's Obsession with Member Satisfaction is Making a Big Difference
By Welltok Marketing
CDPHP kicked-off the year strong winning Best Company to Work for in New York for the 10th consecutive year. Add to that -- winning the Highest in Member Satisfaction Among Commercial Health Plans in New York award by J.D. Power. It’s clear they are doing something right!
We recently hosted Teresa Johnson, Vice President of Sales Innovation at CDPHP, on a webinar to share their strategy behind building a comprehensive member wellbeing program for 400,000 diverse members. She shares their journey on finding the right partners, getting comfortable with data and what’s been their formula for success. Hint: they obsess over their members!
CDPHP Focuses on What Their Members Want
CDPHP made it clear that they listen to and hear what their members have to say. To understand their population and keep the communication open and ongoing, CDPHP:
- invests in primary and secondary research to compare their offerings to other organizations
- established a member advisory committee, which is made up members from various lines of business and feedback is provided about industry topics
- implemented CDPHP Insights, which is made up of 1,000 members who provide instant feedback for real-time traction
- uses journey mapping to understand how individuals feel about interactions with CDPHP at all different touch points
CDPHP Developed Their Guiding Principle Based on Member Feedback
Through their continuous dialogue with their membership base, CDPHP discovered that their members want to be educated about health insurance content and their benefits. Members want to be guided through the digital experience when completing health and wellbeing tasks. This led to the development of CDPHP's Guiding Principle, which is used when designing the consumer experience. In partnership with Welltok, they identify each consumer's needs, offer programs and resources that are relevant to them, incentivize them to complete tasks, and measure continuously to define success.
The 6-Phase Strategy to Boost Consumer Engagement
To keep members continuously engaged, CDPHP implemented Welltok's CaféWell Health Optimization Platform to keep wellbeing front of mind for their consumers. As one of the first organizations to work with Welltok, they rolled out the solution in 6 phases:
- Phase 1: Execution of Pilot for employees
- Phase 2: Expansion of Pilot to 50,000 members
- Phase 3: Rewards Expansion, Obesity/Exercise Program is added
- Phase 4: Rewards Platform is added
- Phase 5: Analytics Engagement Customer Lifetime Value Project added (multi-year renewal of CaféWell Platform)
- Phase 6: Ecosystem Partners Addition
In 2017, Welltok and CDPHP launched 29 campaigns and sent more than 72,000 emails on a variety of topics to increase platform registration and complete health-related actions. They also integrated more ecosystem partners, such as Canary Health to engage their pre-diabetic population.
Top Lessons Learned
- While it's important to have data-driven decisions, it's equally important to understand that there are various and multiple kinds of data points to look at.
- Keep the wellbeing program simple and make the experience easy for the member.
- Even if you are outsourcing your platform solution, understand that it still takes a village.
- Be realistic about your expectations and know that perfection is impossible at the first go. You can always add on and reiterate as you move forward.
"CDPHP strives to know their consumers as individuals, understand their needs and guide them to find answers, so that they can enhance their experience of care."
Want more? Watch the webinar below to get the full scoop directly from Teresa at CDPHP.